17th International Mass Spectrometry Conference :: Prague, 2006
> Go to contents (site navigation)
Are a breathtaking fire show, mouthwatering medieval cuisine, exciting games and excursion to the workshops of ancient craftsmen something you do not want to miss?
Then join us on the way to the Middle Ages! We will take you back in time during the conference dinner at the medieval fortress Dreucici.
Price: 2.000,-- CZK
Departure to Conference Dinner: Thu, Aug 31, 2005, 18.00 H
Villa Dreucici web site: www.villadreucici.net (in Czech)
The first written evidence of Villa Dreucici dates back to the year 1052, when Villa Dreucici was in the possession of the church in Stara Boleslav, to which it was donated by the prince Bretislav, the sovereign of Bohemia.
In the year 1332 a noble named Bartho Kokot lived in the Drevcici Citadel. In the year 1364 Jan the Bishop of Litomysl lived in the citadel and from this place he managed the tax-business of his town Svitavy.
By the end of the 14th century the enemies of Mikulas the Bishop of Olomouc, namely Ales of Cimburk, forced the Citadel. In a short time on the order of the King the Drevcici Citadel was given back to the bishopric of Olomouc and in April 1396 personally to the Bishop Mikulas. The possession of the Citadel (including the village "sessione Drzewczicz") was ratified personally by King Vaclav IV. The Bishops of Olomouc kept the Citadel, including the village, for several years without interruption. With the aim of a financial help to the Bishopric, the Citadel together with the yard was pledged in accordance with Vaclav, the administrator of the Bishopric, to the sovereign of Vratislav, Mr. Janek of Chotemice.
In the year 1437 Jetrich Tluksa from Vrabi advanced a loan of 700 three-score of gross to Janek of Chotemice against the right to the possession of the Drevcici Citadel with accessories for a period of four years. The text of the pledge is in a part of a document in which the residence of Drevcici is not mentioned as the citadel but as a castle. Drzewczicz municio prope Pragam inscripta duobus consaguinei Johanni et Jonanni Wrabssczy nuncupatis ad vitas eorum dumtaxat, which translates: "The Drevici Citadel at Prague is kept in pledge by Jan and Jan of Vrabi for their lives".
In the year 1469 King Jiri of Podebrady renovated the pledge of the Citadel at the annual price of 10 three-score 38 gross, which was also confirmed by King Vladislav of Jagellon in the year 1472. In the year 1547, the year of uprising of the part of the Czech estates and towns against the sovereign Ferdinand I, Jan of Vrabi (a descendent of the family Vrabi) moved to the foreground of history and happened even to be one of the representatives of the Czech Estates. It is more than obvious that after the defeat of the uprising, his active role in it was rightfully punished. Jan had to acknowledge his deep and severe offense and as a punishment he was sentenced to home imprisonment, a fine of 500 three-score of grosses, losing his possessions and providing the service of two horses to the king. After Janīs death the ownership of the place passed to his sons Hynek and Karel, which started another very dramatic part of the history of the Drevcici Citadel. Both brothers lived in peace until the year 1562. At that time they passed judgment over the sovereign of the neighbouring empire Brandys with regard to hunting on their land.
The final descendent of the family Vrabi Hynek died during the year 1584 and was buried in the Church of Saint Barthold in Drevcici. The Drevcici Citadel was then joined together with the accessories to Brandys and thus it lost its residential function.